Celebs in Isolation Remain Connected to Their Communities

Singer%2C+Lizzo%2C+performs+a+flute+solo%2C+talks+about+the+current+world+situation%2C+gives+viewers+a+peace+of+mind%2C+and+offers+a+guided+meditation+in+the+spirit+of+healing.++

Instagram

Singer, Lizzo, performs a flute solo, talks about the current world situation, gives viewers a peace of mind, and offers a guided meditation in the spirit of healing.

Abby Malakoff, Staff Writer

With all this sudden time at home, everybody is handling themselves differently. Some are using this time to catch up on some sleep, while others are trying to clean every inch of their house. Celebrities are no different. Here is a list of some celebrities and how they are handling their time in quarantine. 

Kim Kardashian has announced that her clothing brand, SKIMS Solutionwear, will be restocking her most loved collection and donating 20% of all profits to the Baby2Baby’s COVID-19 Emergency Response Program. The Baby2Baby’s program provides diapers and other necessities to children living in poverty. Their COVID-19 program provides basic essentials to children and families in need. Not only can you purchase her usually out-of-stock items, but the purchase is for a good cause as well! 

Cleveland Cavaliers player, Kevin Love, was one of the first athletes who stepped in to help the stadium staff who are being affected financially due to the canceled games that came as a result of the suspension of the NBA season. He promised $100,000 to benefit workers of Cleveland’s Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse arena.

Donatella Versace and her daughter, Allegra Versace Beck, gave €200,000 to Milan’s San Raffaele Hospital to address supply shortages on the front lines of the fight against COVID-19.

Even if some schools have yet to shut down, many student performances, musicals, and plays have been canceled. Broadway singer and actor, Laura Benanti, reached out to disappointed theater students on Twitter. She invites them to send her videos of their songs and dances with the hashtag, #SunshineSongs, as a way to bring a little cheer to stressful times.

LVMH, the conglomerate that owns brands like Christian Dior and Givenchy, made a big announcement on March 15th. The hydroalcoholic gel produced in the factories that normally make fragrances like Joy and J’Adore will be delivered free to French authorities. LVMH will be using its perfume and cosmetic factories to make hand sanitizer and distribute it free of charge to public health authorities. 

After Lizzo was forced to postpone her Houston Rodeo performance on March 13th, she posted a “meditation and mantra to promote healing during this global crisis” on her Instagram. The entire video is 30 minutes long. 

Medical television shows such as Grey’s Anatomy, The Good Doctor, and The Resident are donating their medical gowns and gloves to actual doctors and nurses who need them. 

These are only some of the many celebrities who are giving back to the community during this crisis. These kind acts show that, even in the face of isolation, people are coming together to ensure the safety of our community.